33 Terrifically Tasty Snack IdeasEnjoy 3 servings of milk, cheese or yogurt for stronger bones and to stave off the afternoon slump! Help your kids get on their way to 3-Every-Day of Dairy and keep them energized by serving one of these snacks as they arrive home from school or on their way to after-school activities.
1. Out of the bowl: Get a mid-afternoon boost with a cold glass of fat free milk and handfull of whole grain cereal.
2. Strawberry-sicles: Mix lowfat strawberry milk with fresh strawberry slices and freeze in a popsicle container.
3. Flavor on-the-Fly: Fat free flavored milks are perfect anywhere you go- just take, shake and sip!
4. Choco-Raspberry Chug: Blend a cup of fat free milk with frozen raspberries and sweetened cocoa.
5. Sweet Milk Steamer: Microwave a cup of lowfat milk and honey.
6. Banana Split Blenders: Blend lowfat strawberry milk with banana slices and ice.
7. Morning Mocha Mix: a cup of reduced fat milk with a teaspoon of instant coffee and sweetened cocoa.
8. A Sip of Spice Warm: a cup of milk and mix with Chai tea to warm up the afternoon.
9. Graham Dunk: Dip a few graham crackers into a cold glass of lowfat milk.
10. Fruity Splash: Blend your strawberry milk with fresh bananas and ice.
11. Vanilla-Berry Bowl: Enjoy lowfat vanilla milk with a bowl of fresh berries.
12. Salsa Roll-Up: Roll Monterey Jack cheese into a whole-wheat tortilla and dip in salsa.
13. Cheddar Crunch: Mix ½ cup of Cheddar cheese shreds with popcorn and pretzels.
14. Veggie Wraps: Wrap Colby Jack cheese around spears of asparagus.
15. Cherry Tomato Crunchers: Top wheat crackers with reduced fat Mozzarella cheese and cherry tomatoes.
16. Cheese & Crackers: Layer lowfat American cheese and smoked turkey onto crackers.
17. Seafood Spread: Mix canned salmon or crab with Ricotta or Mozzarella cheese and eat on pita wedges.
18. Zesty Tostada: Top a tostada with fat free refried beans and reduced fat shredded Pepper Jack cheese.
19. Chicken Melt: Melt a slice of reduced fat Colby Jack cheese over canned chicken on an English muffin.
20. Cheese Ka-bob: Alternate small slices of apples and reduced fat Cheddar cheese on skewers.
21. Lettuce Wraps: Wrap a slice of Swiss cheese, turkey, and Dijon mustard in lettuce leaves.
22. String by String: Pack light string cheese into the sports bag for a post-activity energizer.
23. Tropical Smoothie: Blend fresh orange slices with strawberry yogurt and ice.
24. Cucumber Salad: Mix diced cucumber with a cup of lowfat plain yogurt, mint and a pinch of salt and pepper and spread on whole-wheat pita wedges.
25. Mango Mixer: Enjoy a tropical treat by blending mango, plain lowfat yogurt and a splash of pineapple juice.
26. Parfait Pleaser: Layer granola and fresh fruit with your favorite lowfat yogurt.
27. Simple Shortcake: Try pieces of angel food cake with a cup of strawberry yogurt for a heavenly treat.
28. Berry Blast: Mix blueberry yogurt with fresh blueberries or raspberries.
29. Go Nuts: Top lowfat vanilla yogurt with a few crushed pecans and cinnamon.
30. Honey Fruit Dip: Mix fat free yogurt with a dollop of honey for a sweet fruit dip.
31. Yo-on-the-Go: Enjoy a favorite flavor of drinkable yogurt on the go.
32. Mocha Mudslide: Stir chocolate syrup into a cup of coffee-flavored yogurt and freeze.
33. Yogurt Pops: Freeze squeezable yogurt for a quick and creamy popsicle.
You can rely on the National Dairy Council for credible, up-to-date news on dairy nutrition research, public policies on nutritional issues and special dairy nutrition campaigns. Please browse the News Alert archives or use the search located above the left hand navigation for more information. If you can't find what you are looking for or have additional questions, please contact our Nutrition & Health News Bureau via phone at 312-240-2880 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.