- 1 (16-20-ounce) bag frozen cauliflower florets or 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat, shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons plain or seasoned bread crumbs
Cook the cauliflower according to package directions or steam fresh cauliflower 8 to 10 minutes until tender. Set aside.
Whisk together the milk, flour, mustard and garlic powder in a small saucepan until well blended. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat and continue to simmer and stir gently for about 2 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly.
Stir in the cheddar and parmesan cheese until melted.
Preheat the broiler on high. Arrange the cauliflower in a baking pan and pour the cheese sauce evenly over the top. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and broil for about 2 minutes or until the bread crumbs turn golden brown.