Prep Time: 15min
Cook Time: 45min
In this comforting and hearty casserole potato slices are pan fried before they are baked in a creamy garlic sauce.
- 1 3/4 pounds potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup canola oil (not consumed)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/3 cups LACTAID® Reduced Fat Milk
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel, slice and salt potatoes. Place flour in a large bowl and dredge potatoes in flour.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully place potatoes in hot oil. Fry on both sides until golden brown. Place a single layer of fried potatoes in a 9x9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle minced garlic over the potatoes.
- Layer the remaining potatoes on top of the garlic.
- Pour LACTAID® Reduced Fat Milk over the potatoes. Bake in preheated oven 35-45 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbling.
- Sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
Submitted by: Makers of LACTAID® Brand Products
Calories from Fat: 25
Total Fat: 3g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrate: 26g
Dietary Fiber: 2g