- 1 pound ground turkey (breast meat only)
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 4 ounces Cabot 50% Light Cheddar, cut into 4 (1-ounce) slices
- vegetable cooking spray
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 mixed-grain hamburger buns
- 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 8 large arugula leaves, rinsed and patted dry
Shape ground turkey into 8 thin patties. Spread 1 tablespoon of cranberry sauce in center of 4 patties and top with 1 slice cheese; place remaining 4 patties on top, pinching edges together to seal.
Lightly coat large nonstick pan with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Cook burgers for 4 minutes per side, or until well done. (Alternatively, cook on grill.)
Season with salt and pepper. Place on buns and top with cranberry mayo* and arugula.
*For the cranberry mayo:
In a small bowl, stir together cranberry sauce and mayonnaise; cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Recipe created by Cabot Creamery