- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (16-ounce) can spicy fat-free refried beans
- 1/3 cup chunky medium salsa
- 1 (8-ounce) container plain fat-free or low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup finely chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion, including tops
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
Stir chili powder into beans and spread evenly onto a clear pie dish. Spread yogurt over the bean dip, then spread the salsa over the yogurt, leaving a narrow border around each layer’s edge. Scatter lettuce over yogurt mixture. Sprinkle Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese over lettuce and top with tomato, green onion and olives.
Suggested servings: Serve with baked tortilla chips or an assortment of sliced vegetables such as carrots, celery and cucumber.
Note: May substitute Mexican-blend cheese for the Mozzarella and Cheddar, if desired.
Recipe created by 3-Every-Day™ of Dairy