- 2 bacon slices
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped poblano chiles
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 16-ounce cans fat free chicken broth
- 5 cups diced peeled baking potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups skim milk
- 5 ounces Cabot 50% Light Jalapeno Cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces Cabot 50% Light Cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup onion
Cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from pan leaving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan. Crumble bacon, set aside.
Add carrots and next 5 ingredients to drippings. Sauté until golden brown. Stir in broth and add potato and salt. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes or until potato is tender. Combine flour and milk in a small bowl stirring with a whisk. Add to pan slowly. Cook over medium heat until thick, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat. Add reduced fat and Jalapeno Cheddar cheese, stirring until melted.
Serve in bowls topped with green onions and crumbled bacon.
Recipe created by Cabot Creamery